Sunday, January 18, 2009

It only took us four years!

For two fairly intelligent people you would think that WE would have thought about this years ago.

We got Skype!

This is a classic case of desperation. With Reef in South Africa and my teaching this semester this will be the longest period away from each other in four years.

I can see her!Woohoo! Pictures, Images and Photos

I can see myself!

She CAN'T see me!Oops Pictures, Images and Photos

Some stupid little thing is wrong and when I discover it I will probably laugh my head off. In the meantime, this is frustrating!Hair pulling Pictures, Images and Photos

It is wonderful to see her.

She showed me one of the cats who was ill when I was last there. All white, fluffy and fat!

Reef says,"just like me."

Seems like we are both eating our way into oblivion!Yummy Pictures, Images and Photos

Long distance relationships are more than difficult. They are life altering, more so than living even 50 miles apart.

The POND is the POND!

And that is pretty much the problem. crying Pictures, Images and Photos

While we are still apart we will avail ourselves of modern technology. Computer Smiley Pictures, Images and Photos

Something, for which, on this snowing Sunday morning, I am most grateful.

Covered in snow Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

reeflightning said...

damn ... you are cute woman! wish i could see you too!!!
i feel as if you are here in the study with me, great connection;-)

Nulaanne said...

I know how hard long distance relationships are. I wish you all the best on your time of seperation.

m.m.sugar said...

Thank you, this feels as though it will be impossible.

Yet, I must say that the webcam really helps.

I guess we made this brainless decision at the right time.

I wish you well also as by your blog it appears that your separation will soon end.