Saturday, January 17, 2009

He's back! -Continuation of rationale for Iditarod

I thought that I would put this is a blog form to allow both the writer's view and my own as much exposure as possible.

The following is this person's response to me re the maltreatment of Iditarod dogs
.


Why I choose to post or not post my name is of no import.

Why do you not publish my post and the links to rational folks who have different opinions? Are you afraid of an actual discussion?

Look at it this way. It costs between $30,000 and $50,000 just to run the race. The winner is about the only person likely to recover those costs. Most of the costs are tied up in the dogs. Why would anyone with that kind of cash invested in an animal abuse it?

Something else to think about; you cannot MAKE a sled dog run. The dogs and the musher are a team who work together. A musher who abuses his/her dogs CANNOT win.

There are NO doctors on the trail, only vets. Why is that? More abuse?

I'd dead serious, you need to get to a race and watch these magnificent animals. They do what they do because it's what they do.

So come on, take a chance, let the 'evil' side have some time on your conversation.
(Anonymous)

No comments: