Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Going across the pond again.

Photobucket

Yes, I am going back over the pond again. I should have sprouted wings by now.

She left the day after Thanksgiving. Long time without a hug.

This is going to be an interesting trip.

I leave the house on Sunday to teach at a large hospital in New York City on the day that many will celebrate St. Patrick.

Have you ever been in New York City on such a day?

Yes, universities do have Sunday classes.

Let me make it as concise as possible.

I have a full wardrobe, replete with cosmetics and sundry other things in Scotland so I just bring a small wheelie with pj's, replacement vitamins for my beloved, etc.

You know.........

On Sunday, with carry-on in hand, I will climb fifteen considerably steep stairways, use two escalators, two elevators, gratefully, take five trains, and walk at least one mile combining the customs visit on both sides of the Atlantic.

By the time I land in Scotland I will have been awake for 24 hours, have taught for six, have eaten any kind of junk I could get my hands on, and be at the end of my rope with full regrets for having met this lunatic I have been cavorting with for almost five years!

Ah! Love!

4 comments:

Nulaanne said...

You know that sounds wonderful. Enjoy your trip.

m.m.sugar said...

Thanks,it will be wonderful to be with her.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

You should both weave well down the road together after all of that!

m.m.sugar said...

Yea, a few trips up and down those spiral stairs and I am automatically at a tilt.