Monday, March 23, 2009

DOG ABUSE

MARCH 23, 2009

FIVE DOGS HAVE DIED IN THE IDITAROD

ALREADY


Folks this is a repeat re the Iditarod from Saturday, January 17, 2009

It is essentially a dispute between myself and some goof who believes that dogs WANT TO RUN 1000 MILES IN SEVENTEEN DAYS IN BELOW ZERO WEATHER!

Why I choose to post or not post my name is of no import.

Of course it is. A person who is proud of their view honorably backs it up.

Why do you not publish my post and the links to rational folks who have different opinions? Are you afraid of an actual discussion?

Look at it this way. It costs between $30,000 and $50,000 just to run the race. The winner is about the only person likely to recover those costs. Most of the costs are tied up in the dogs. Why would anyone with that kind of cash invested in an animal abuse it?

Now therein lays the ENTIRE issue. Why would you mention money? Because THAT is your real issue.

I had not even brought up the subject.

Something else to think about; you cannot MAKE a sled dog run. The dogs and the musher are a team who work together. A musher who abuses his/her dogs CANNOT win.

You’re kidding right? During the holocaust, human beings were tied together and when they were told to go-they went. Hell, if you put a chain around ME and attached me to others and said, “mush,” do you really think I would push my paws into the mud and say “woof-no, I’m not gonna”?

Have you ever seen a dog stand up and say, “gee not today folks,” then take the collar off and walk away?


There are NO doctors on the trail, only vets. Why is that? More abuse?

I cannot speak for them. Perhaps some are desperate to help. Others are, like yourself, invested in some way. However, not in the love or health of the dogs.

I'd dead serious, you need to get to a race and watch these magnificent animals. They do what they do because it's what they do.

Of course they do, they have no choice!

So come on, take a chance, let the 'evil' side have some time on your conversation.

There, you’ve had you’re say.

Goodbye for now!

2 comments:

Nulaanne said...

I have never been a fan of the Ikilledadog race. I just don't get why people would abuse animals like that.

m.m.sugar said...

They do it in the name of sport-THEIR sport.

Happy, this year the purse was cut down 35%.

At least there is some indication of decreased support.