Thursday, February 19, 2009

She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me!

Photobucket
Well it was Valentine's day. Reef was in transit SOMEWHERE between South Africa and Scotland. We had not spoken since Thursday. Friday came and went. Though I sent a text or two-no response.
I didn't know if I should be worried or angry.
I finally left the house Saturday afternoon. I had no idea where I was headed. Fresh air and the sun always does it for me.
As I backed out of my driveway an SUV drove slowly, suspiciously passed my house.
I slowed down. The SUV stopped. A rather husky man emerged from the driver's side.
He pointed to me and then pointed to the house. He shouted out, "Are you Ms. MM?"
"Who are you sir?" I enquired rather sternly. Frankly, I don't have patience for ANYONE these days.
If teeth were gold the guy would be wealthy. A brilliant smile, quite jolly, bridged his face as he approached my window.
"I have flowers for you." he said, pleased as punch with himself and then backed up with great enthusiasm signaling that I should stay put.
His personality transformed in a nanosecond. Well, maybe it was MY personality!
I drove back into the driveway and rummaged through my bag for a few dollars tip.
As I retrieved the money from the depths of my pocketbook I raised my eyes to his beaming smile and a beautiful Asian vase filled with roses, baby's breath and all sorts of other nature's gifts.
As soon as I brought my lovely gift in the house the phone rang.
I had not received her texts and she had not received mine.
She had managed to think about me and my girlish needs from six thousand miles away.

Thank you honey.

1 comment:

reeflightning said...

most welcome you are my lady love!

in my life you are the moonlight dancing across the dark waters of the firth.

i thank you ...